Being a member of Extra Muros has a lot of advantages!
- Being part of LAS at University College Tilburg means being part of a close-knit community. This community is called Extra Muros, THE study association for all LAS students in Tilburg.
- From the upcoming year we will join the UCSRN (University College Student Representatives of the Netherlands) which will enable you to meet LAS students from all around Netherlands, join their events and parties as well to participate in annual sports competition!
- Nonetheless, since Extra Muros has a contract with StudyStore, you as EM member will have Extra discount on your books! Of course Extra Muros arranged discount on your mandatory course books, but you will also receive the discount on several English and Dutch books that we assume to be interesting for you as the Liberal Arts students.
- What’s more, in order to become a member of Extra Muros you will NOT have to go through any hazing process. We respect you as you are, and there is no need to prove yourself to us on that way 🙂
- Most importantly, by becoming a member you can participate in all our events and even get involved in one of the committees. On that way, you have the opportunity to organize an event you always wanted to, meet new people and have fun with all your fellow students. That is a great chance for personal development and it also looks good on your CV!
It all depends on your preferences, but we are hoping that everyone finds something they like 🙂
Just go there and have a lot of fun with all of your fellow students!
Throughout the academic year, Extra Muros organizes some amazing events, both academic as well as social and cultural events. For the past few years, some of our popular events have been the EM Gala, the yearly Study Trip, LAS cafe, BeerPong, Last Lecture and Meet The World. Check our FB photos of many events and parties!
Other sources of information will be the Extra Muros website, our monthly newsletter and sometimes the screens on campus.
In other words, you don’t have to be afraid that you miss the announcement of an event!